Code of Conduct for Program Activities
The FIRST mission is to inspire a generation of science and technology leaders who are both gracious and professional. This FIRST Code of Conduct lists some of the basic behaviors mentors, coaches, volunteers, team members, affiliate partners, contractors, staff, and other participants should adhere to while participating in FIRST activities.
- Exhibit Gracious Professionalism® at all times. Gracious Professionalism is a way of doing things that encourages high-quality work, emphasizes the value of others, and respects individuals and the community. With Gracious Professionalism, fierce competition and mutual gain are not separate notions.
- Ensure the safety of all participants in FIRST activities.
- Not engage in any form of bullying, harassment, use of profane or insulting language, or any actual or threatened violence.
- Adhere to all FIRST Youth Protection Program (YPP) policies.
- Report any unsafe behavior to event or local FIRST leadership.
Persons who do not comply with this Code of Conduct may be barred from participating in FIRST activities.
Additional PCHS Robotics Club Conduct Agreement:
Students and mentors are required to:
- Take care of PCHS Robotics Club computers, electronics, tools, and supplies.
- Return all PCHS Robotics Club materials to the club as soon as they are no longer needed, but no later than the end of the season.
- Minimize waste of Robotics Club supplies and materials.
- Use Robotics Club materials appropriately (including the printed labels, which are for club use only).
- Follow Robotics Club procedures for planning and building robots, ordering parts, and preparing for tournaments.
- Follow Robotics Club travel policies when attending any tournaments.